**Fusion Medical Staffing does not offer Visa Sponsorship at this time**
Objective: The DevOps Engineer will work closely with all areas of Tech to assist in the architecture, design, and build the cloud infrastructure within Microsoft Azure. The position will work with the Fusion team to create and support the Platform as a service (PaaS) being developed. You will also help develop and implements release plans and scripts using deployment automation tools like Azure DevOps CI/CD pipelines. The engineer monitors builds, releases, and updates deployment strategies to accommodate changes in products or technology.
The engineer needs to have the aptitude to lead the requirements gathering, analysis, design, and implementation of solutions in public and private infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). Most importantly, we are looking for a hands-on engineer, who has a desire to: 1) constantly learn more about Azure Cloud and DevOps solutions, 2) maintain and extend existing infrastructure and deployments, 3) work with others, including software engineers, and product managers to build the best products in the industry.
General Summary: Fusion Medical Staffing works to provide top healthcare professional talent to our clients nationwide. Our thriving culture, both internally and externally, allows us to focus on our core values and improve the lives of those we touch. Fusion Medical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
- Support software engineering and the implementation of solutions delivering high-quality software and ensuring stable, scalable, and highly reliable environments.
- Design and implement cloud solutions which are secure, scalable, resilient, monitored, auditable and cost optimized.
- Write and implement infrastructure as code (IaC) approach for pipeline and application infrastructure.
- Write application deployment automation using industry standard deployment and configuration tools.
- Design and implement continuous delivery pipelines that serve the purpose of provisioning and operating client test as well as production environments.
- Analyzes and identifies performance bottlenecks and make recommendations while understanding the complete environment that are being ran.
- Provide systems support including responding to monitoring alerts.
- Implement Cloud and DevOps industry best practices and tooling.
- Manage and monitor Azure, AWS, and Google cloud platform
- Deploy and scale infrastructure on Azure for multiple build environments (either Dev, Test, QA, Prod)
- Monitor running instances ensure costs are managed and optimized against performance
- Build automated CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps for modern, cloud-native service deployment.
- Integrate testing, security, and approval mechanisms into pipelines as needed.
- Working side by side with our software engineers to understand the inner workings of the apps they write and ensure they are both scalable and reliable.
- Maintaining high availability through fault tolerance, system standardization, and vigilant disaster recovery planning.
- Creating and maintaining systems documentation.
- Ability and willingness to participate in a 24x7 on-call schedule.
- Deploying and maintaining critical applications on cloud-native architecture
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work successfully both individually and as a team member
- Ability to organize, prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Basic experience in communicating technologies, issues, and solutions to internal staff with varying levels of technical knowledge and understanding
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and differentiate between internal and external problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in an independent environment
- Positive attitude
This job operates in an office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- Is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel;
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 75% of the time
Position Type/Expected hours worked:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. (flexible start/end times). Regular attendance is required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working with Microsoft Azure cloud IaaS, PaaS, SaaS services (VPN, Load Balancers, Azure AD, Virtual Networks, Azure DevOps, etc)
- Hands on experience with continuous Integration, source control, infrastructure automation, orchestration, and container concepts.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud:
- ARM templates writing, setup automation for resources provisioning (Azure PowerShell)
- Azure services (Azure App Service, Azure Kubernetes, Azure SQL, Azure Service Fabric, Azure Storage Account
- Azure DevOps experience
- Understanding of load balancers, application gateways, DNS, virtual networks and firewalls in cloud environment
- Proven experience working in an agile environment.
- Familiar with HashiCorp tools like Terraform, Consul, Packer, or Vault is a plus.
- Familiar with Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana is a plus
- Familiarity with designing network topologies within the context of a cloud provider (aws, azure, gcp).
- Experience with infrastructure management like Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience using source code management tools.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job and is subject to change at any time with or without notice.