Accounts Receivable Specialist
Accounts Receivable Specialist - Team Lead
General Summary: Fusion Medical Staffing works to provide top healthcare professional talent to our clients nationwide. Our thriving culture, both internally and externally, allows us to focus on our core values and improve the lives of those we touch. Fusion Medical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
- Apply cash receipts to customer accounts within accounting software
- Perform daily reconciliation of all cash received into banks to cash posted in the AR financial system, and resolve variances
- Works with other members of the Accounting department to ensure that all cash deposits are account for and processed correctly
- Correspond directly with customers and collection teams regarding insufficient and/or inaccurate remittance information
- Research returned items - checks, ACH and assessing NSF’s.
- Research and resolve overpayments
- Research and reduce unidentified and unapplied cash
- Maintains a follow-up system that encourages follow through with assigned projects
- Utilize appropriate judgment in discerning current cash application procedures to assess and revise inefficiencies of current procedures
- Special projects, as needed
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel functions( If Functions, Vlookup, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effectively meeting tight deadlines
This job operates in an office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- Is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel;
Position Type/Expected hours worked:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. (flexible start/end times). Regular, punctual and consistent attendance is required
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED, required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- College Degree in accounting or finance, 2-3 years of equivalent work experience
- Experience working with Great Plains accounting software
- Experience working with Vendor Managed Services, a plus
This job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job and is subject to change at any time with or without notice.